ACCESS STATEMENT FOR BRYN WOODLANDS HOUSE JUNE 2015
Bryn Woodlands House is a 9 bed roomed 4 Star Guest House just out of the town center of Colwyn Bay. It is on a quiet street off the main road into Colwyn Bay
Transport and Parking:
- Unreserved private car parking at the front or rear of the property
- The front door is locked at all times, Please use the doorbell on the right of the door. Guests are supplied with an access key to come and go at their leisure.
- There are 2 steps in total to enter the building and no other steps on the ground floor between the lounge, dining room and foyer. A ramp is available on request.
- We have seating in the lounge, directly adjacent to the foyer and dining room.
- Male and Female toilets available on the ground floor.
- No Loop or Braille systems in place.
- There are 14 steps to bedrooms 1-7 on the first floor, a further 12 steps to bedrooms 8 – 10 on the second floor and 1 room is located on the ground floor level adjacent to the foyer.
- The corridors are lit with soft lighting.
- No elevator.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- There are raised numbers on the doors.
- Our rooms are not adapted for wheel chairs.
- No phones.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Remote Flat screen TV’s with Freeview.
- Hairdryers in all rooms
We cater for all walks of life that are spending 1 night or more in Colwyn Bay or just travelling through to Holyhead and beyond. I believe guests choose our Accommodation for its closeness to all facilities and tourist attractions.
The outlook onto the church garden is appealing and our interesting collection of art works from local photographers (which can be purchased) and artists is often commented upon.
We have a front bedroom with a bay window and a 4 poster bed with a canopy for special getaways.
Families enjoy our lovely Guest House because of the proximity to the town, literally minutes away from the shops, the railway station and parents can easily attend to their children at Rydal Penrhos School.
We have a display of local attractions including the wonderful Welsh Mountain Zoo and will always make calls for you to check availability for the attraction you would like to visit.
There is a selection of local restaurants which we have a variety of sample menus in the foyer for you to peruse. We would be more than happy to call and check availability and make reservations if required. Please ask at Joel or Tracey for the ones we have an agreement with to get a possible discount.
Local taxi firms can provide cars up to 8 seaters; we can book them if required.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at Bryn Woodlands House,
A Home away from Home!